Syva Award entry form
Fill in this form with all the data requested to correctly process your registration request
Fields marked with * are required.
Personal data protection
The data provided by the participants will be treated by LABORATORIOS SYVA in the following terms: Person responsible for processing: Identity: LABORATORIOS SYVA, S.A.U. CIF: A 78633856. Postal Address: Avda. Portugal s/n Parc. M20 Parque Tecnológico de León – 24009 León (España). Phone number: +34 987 800 800. E-mail : email@example.com. Data Protection Delegate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes and legal basis of the treatment: The purposes for which LABORATORIOS SYVA will treat the data are the following:
- To manage the SYVA Prize in the same terms as foreseen in the regulatory terms and conditions. The legal basis that justifies this processing is the participant’s Contract of Adhesion thereto.
- To promote and distribute the SYVA Award, for which it is possible to use pictures of winning participants, via the Internet, social networks, mass media and others that the company deems appropriate.
Storage periods: Data will be kept for the time necessary to comply with the purposes for it was collected and to determine the possible liability that may arise from them and from processing the data.
Recipients: For winning participants, LABORATORIOS SYVA may publish their identification data (name and surname) and title or position as well as their picture on the Internet, social networks, mass media or any other means it deems appropriate, provided that they have given their express consent.
Finally, it is possible that members of the Jury, responsible for reviewing the works and selecting the winner, as well as the technology suppliers hired to maintain the software and hardware in which the data is stored, and the SYVA Group companies which provide administrative support services, have access to them. All of them have signed the corresponding contract with the guarantees required by the Data Protection Act. Participants can request further details regarding data recipients by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Rights: Participants can exercise their rights of access to, rectification, suppression, opposition, and limitation of the processing and transfer of their personal data, by writing to the above-mentioned postal address or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants who so wish shall also have the right to file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es) if they consider that a breach of data protection legislation has been committed with regard to processing of their personal data.
Documentation to be presented:
As specified in the rules and regulations of this edition of the Award, the following documentation must be provided:
- Two copies of the Doctoral Thesis. At least one of these must be an original, and a copy may be sent.
- Certification that includes the qualification and date of defence of the Doctoral Thesis, issued by the corresponding University.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae adapted to the standardised template provided on the website, which must include the publications, presentations and talks at congresses, symposia, seminars, etc. both national and international, clearly separating those that have been produced by the content of the Doctoral Thesis and those arising from the rest of the candidate’s scientific activity.
- Photocopy of all the documentation referred to in the Curriculum Vitae.
- Short summary of the group’s research lines in which the doctoral thesis was developed.
- Statement of the candidate’s current employment.
- In the event of Doctoral Theses not drawn up in Spanish or English, the Introduction, the Approach and Objectives, the Conclusions and a summary (2-3 pages) of the remaining chapters that make up the Doctoral Thesis must be submitted.
The required documentation, with the exception of the two copies of the doctoral thesis, may be presented in electronic format, in a single PDF file included on a USB memory device.
Applications, addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of the University of León, will be submitted to the General Registry thereof. The address is the following:
Att. Magnífico y Excelentísimo Sr. Rector de la Universidad de León
Referencia “PREMIO SYVA – Vicerrectorado de Investigación”
Registro General de la Universidad
Pabellón El Albéitar
Avenida de la Facultad de Veterinaria nº 25
24004 – LEON